The adventure of Gabriel Knight starts with gathering materials for his new book, and ends up becoming a fight for his very soul. During his investigation he discovers that he is the heir to the title of “Schattenjäger”, or “Shadow Hunter”, which has been passed down in his family from generation to generation since times long forgotten. He must now face countless dangers in New Orleans, Africa and Germany, each bringing him ever closer to unraveling the mystery behind suspicious voodoo murders. Haunted by nightmares, he won't give up until he reveals the truth.
In this "full-talkie" version of one of the best horror adventure games ever created you can listen to over 7,300 lines of recorded dialogue performed by professional actors including Mark Hamill and Tim Curry. Allow yourself to be sucked into this amazing neo-Gothic story full of dark secrets, nightmares and tons of atmosphere!
- A gripping, captivating, supernatural detective psycho-thriller
- The first part of one of the greatest stories ever told in a video game, written by the talented Jane Jensen
- Well-designed, memorable characters with a whopping 7300 lines of recorded dialogue
He started out writing a book on voodoo. Now he’s fighting for his very soul.Gabriel Knight
is the last in a long line of Shadow Hunters, those fated to fight the dark forces of the supernatural. Haunted by a centuries-old curse, he is tormented by terrifying nightmares.
Now he must spend every waking moment scouring the side streets and back alleys of New Orleans for the key to his dark past. And when he sleeps - the nightmare begins.
- Stylishly designed and richly written - a true neo-Gothic computer novel.
- Unravel an ancient and unnerving supernatural secret as you interrogate everyone in this elaborate psycho-thriller set in modern-day New Orleans.